Square Enix just announced that the Kingdom Hearts series will soon be available on PC for the first time, with multiple games in the franchise coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store on March 30.
This includes the recent Kingdom Hearts III and Melody of Memory, and the Epic Games Store is also getting the I.5 + II.5 and II.8 compilations. All together, this represents just about every game in the series.
Square Enix has been working to bring its biggest RPG franchises, notably Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, to PC over the last several years. Kingdom Hearts, however, had remained a console franchise. Now the Disney/Square Enix crossover can become available to an even larger audience.
And, who knows, maybe the next Kingdom Hearts game can launch on PC the same time it debuts on consoles.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties